Diversity, quality and performance are the key words of the Challenge GT of the Ultimate Cup Series.
With events lasting 3 or 4 hours on some of the most beautiful circuits in Europe, the Challenge GT is an essential part of the paddock. The Challenge GT is divided into four categories in which each car plays its race and each winner is rewarded.
The UGT Free category mainly includes Grand Touring cars with a Balance of Performance adapted to maximize performance.
The UGT category mainly includes GT3 cars with a minimum weight of 1200 kg (unless otherwise stated in the Performance Scale).
The UGTX category includes any GT whose performance must not be superior to the cars in the UGT and UGT Free categories.
The UGTC category gathers the Grand Touring cars that have participated in Brand Cup or Challenges.
Many models are eligible and many brands are represented: Alpine, Aston Martin, Audi, Bentley, BMW, Chevrolet, Chrysler, Corvette, Ferrari, Ford, GC, Ginetta, Lamborghini, Ligier, Maserati, McLaren, Mercedes, Mitjet, Mosler, Nissan Porsche, Renault, Saleen, SF or Vortex!
The Balance of Performance (BoP) in force in the Ultimate Cup Series certainly allows to homogenize the level of the cars (sporting equity) but it is especially adapted to maximize performance.
Some specificities of the regulation:
- Installation of a common data acquisition box to check the respect of the BoP parameters (turbo pressure, etc.).
- Application of the FIA classification
- Creation of an AM category (on folder) for Bronze drivers whose level is far from the best Bronze drivers
- Each crew must consist of at least one Bronze or AM driver.
- (Time) penalties to balance crews (depending on their composition)
- Starting grid based on the average of the three drivers in qualifications
- The duration of the races will be 3 hours for cars entered in UGTC, 3 or 4 hours for cars entered in UGTX and 4 hours for cars entered in UGT and UGT Free.
- An “Ultimate” classification by category for 100% Bronze and/or AM crews.
- 15-point bonus for drivers who took part in all the meetings of the season.
- The “Teams” ranking will reward the team with the highest number of points, taking into account the results obtained by the car that scored the most points for each team in each race,
- Three races coefficient 2.
Photo : Hugues Laroche