The Challenge Proto category, due to its rules and the high level of the competitors, offers suspenseful races.
In 2020, the new generation of LMP3 prototypes will arrive on the European tracks. The strength of the Ultimate Cup Series is to guarantee fair driving times. Each crew will be composed of at least one Bronze driver (FIA classification) and despite the composition of the crews, everyone will have a chance thanks to the (time) balancing penalties.
Last year, all the races were hard fought and at the end of the last race of the season, on the Circuit Paul Ricard, the winners, two Bronze drivers, won the general classification with only 0.3 seconds advantage!
The Challenge Proto is also the ideal hunting ground for P4 prototypes.
Some specificities of the rules:
- The LMP3 balance of performance in accordance with the decisions of the ELMS committee
- Minimum pit stop time
- Starting grid based on the average of the three drivers in qualifications
- Overall ranking for each category (LMP3 and P4)
- An “Ultimate” classification by category for 100% Bronze crews
- 15 points bonus granted to drivers who took part in all the meetings of the season
- The “Teams” ranking will reward the team with the highest number of points, taking into account the results obtained by the car that scored the most points for each team in each race
- Four races co-efficient 2
Each of the seven races of at least 4 hours promises to be intense!