The debriefing of the fourth round of the Ultimate Cup Series at Mugello
The Ultimate Cup Series took place at Autodromo del Mugello last weekend for the fourth round of the season.
- The Italian weekend of Team Virage did not start in the best way. The Ligier JS P3 #94, then driven by Parth Ghorpade, was involved in an accident during the Thursday free practice when another car, which was spinning in front of it, hit it. The mechanics had to work all night to change the chassis of the prototype.
- For the first time, two Ligier JS P4s were committed. The first was by Graff, the other by HP Competition (with the support of Eurointernational).
Frédéric Sausset was absent this weekend. However, he made many people in the paddock laugh thanks to his humour.
« I don’t know about you, but my hands and feet are sweaty in this hot weather !!! »
- Vincent Capillaire has been working weekends since the Le Mans 24 Hours. After Spa-Francorchamps a week and a half ago, the manceau got back behind the wheel of an LMP3 and once again showed himself formidable on track with pole position and victory at the end.
- Vincent is extending his Italian tour as he is in Imola at the beginning of this week and will stay there this weekend for the Swiss Porsche Sports Cup.
- Erwin Creed, pilot of the Ligier JS P217 #50 Larbre Competition in FIA WEC and au Mans, freelanced in Monoplace. He has distinguished himself by stepping on the podium twice.
- More fear than harm for Victor Jabouille. The young man left the track at turn 9, Arrabbiata 2, after hitting a concrete element behind the vibrator and causing it to take off and pull straight into the bin. This shock caused a fracture of the sacrum resulting in a one-month convalescence. Victor must return to France this Wednesday and we wish him a speedy recovery.
- Antoine Robert could prove himself in a higher level freelance in the coming weeks.
- The hot weather put a strain on the bodies and some pilots experienced a few hot flashes over the weekend.