Press release | October 17, 2019
The new LMP3 from Ligier Automotive, the Ligier JS P320, was presented to all the protagonists of the Ultimate Cup Series on Thursday 17 October 2019 in the paddock of the Nevers Magny-Cours Circuit.
Before returning to the track, as part of its development, the prototype stopped under the Ultimate Cup Series receptive. The worthy heiress to the Ligier JS P3, with an international record, will compete in 2020 on the European circuits.
Christophe Profit, Sales and Marketing Manager of Ligier Automotive, is present this weekend to praise the qualities of the Ligier JS P320, which intends to surpass its predecessor thanks to its new 95% new bodywork, new Ohlins shock absorbers, a new, more powerful Nissan V8 VK56 engine, a suitable cooling system and an optimized aerodynamics for all circuits. With its modern look and sleek lines, this Ligier JS P320 has it all!
For the moment, it is indeed a Ligier JS P3 that leads the Proto championship of the Ultimate Cup Series; the n°26 of the Wimmer Werk Motorsport.
Main characteristics of the Ligier JS P320 :
- Carbon monocoque and bodywork – HP Composites
- 100 litres fuel tank
- Poids : 950 kg
- Engine : Nissan VK56 V8 5,6L
- Power output : 460 hp
- Limited top speed : 290 km/h
- 6-speed sequential gearbox Xtrac 1152 with aluminium casing
- Semi-automatic pneumatic steering wheel paddle-shift system – Megaline
- Traction control
- Price : – Ligier JS P320 : 239 000 euros excl. VAT (excl. options)
– Evolution kit for the Ligier JS P3 : 54 900 – 89 300 excl. VAT (excl. options)