Thanks to a very good Italian weekend at Misano, Eric Mouez has taken the lead in the UGT3A ranking of the Coupe Pièces Auto GT Hyper Sprint at the wheel of the #88 Bentley Continental GT3, which he shares in Germany with Gabriele Marotta, within the CMR team. The French team is leading the overall team standings.
Edoardo Barbolini and Luca Demarchi, who won the individual races on home soil last July, are more than ever in contention for the title. The duo in the n°3 Scuderia Ravetto & Ruberti Ferrari 488 GTE Evo will be looking to confirm the trend and above all to follow up with a perfect weekend.
The format, which was introduced at the start of 2022, features three races – two of 20 minutes and one of 50 minutes – and promises to be particularly lively, especially with the arrival of a new car, the Chevrolet Corvette C7.R GT3 Callaway. The car will be driven by Kennol Racing Team, with Kennol CEO Olivier Morihain and experienced driver Christophe Bouchut. The latter can boast 20 participations in the 24 Hours of Le Mans, including an overall victory in 1993.
- 12 cars, including 5 in the premier UGT3A class and 16 drivers are expected to compete in Germany this weekend
- Nigel Bailly will contest the final three rounds of the season in the CMR Bentley Continental GT3 after his stint at Misano
- Hervé Huber makes his Ultimate Cup Series debut this year in a Ferrari 488 GT3 under the RSR banner
- BDR Competition Grupo Prom returns with two Lamborghini Super Trofeo cars in the UGT3B class for its regular drivers Amaury Bonduel and Alfredo Hernandez
- SebLajoux Racing is running a dual programme in Endurance and Sprint with two Porsche 911 GT3 Cup cars lining up in all three races of the Coupe Pièces Auto Hyper Sprint
- Porsche Cup : Maxime Mainguy (Breizh Motorsport) will try to extend his lead at the top of the championship
- UGT3B : Several drivers have had the opportunity to compete in this category since the beginning of the season, but it is Jérémy Faligand who is making the difference so far, for the Vortex n°70.
- UGTC4B : Gregory Launier will continue his solo run at the wheel of the Rosel Racing BMW M2 CS